Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's a Girl!


The day after Thanksgiving my sweet little daughter made her entrance into this world. We waited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl and oh boy, WE HAD A GIRL! One of each, can this be, what a blessing! My heart stopped when I heard my Hubs say, it's a..... it's a GIRL!! I think I would have been just as thrilled with another sweet little boy, but I'm so grateful that we get the opportunity to also raise a girl!


With this amazing blessing of bringing up a girl, I have already had many moments of looking back on some of the challenges I faced as a female. As ladies we sure do have a lot to overcome!! I have also already found myself protecting her differently and being very aware of my behavior around her. I know she will look to me and my actions as the marker for her own as she grows (GULP.... talk about accountability).

As women we have been given so much responsiblity by our Maker, and by this world we have been given so many obstacles. I want to teach our daughter grace, the power of being a GIRLS GIRL (come on ladies lets cheer each other on!), her value beyond physical apperance, her strength, her kindness, her sense of humor, her creativity, the power of knowledge and her natural ability to nurture! Just to name a few.


We have even recentley taken some larger steps to protect our entire family and especially Q by making healthier food choices. Don't girls have enough to deal with growing up, the last thing they need is to throw developing super early in the mix (read this article)!! I know that this isn't "proven" and there is no "proof" that the hormones, pesticides or antiboitics in our food can cause this, but in my opinion it can't hurt to eat more naturally the way God intended. So our family has joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and we are picking up our organic fresh veggies once a week! (more to come on this soon) We are also looking into getting beef and pork from a local farm. So far it has been super fun to see what is in our share each week, C even gets excited for it and has a new found LOVE of radishes, I love that boy!!!


Ultimatley we just want our sweet baby girl to have the childhood God intended for her so she can be her true self the rest of her life!


That's my Shiny -

J

0 comments:

Post a Comment