Thursday, July 12, 2012

Speed Bump

Hi friends. I’m back. After a too long break. I didn’t want to take a break but life got the best of me the last couple months. After an amazingly wonderful vacation (I did write a post on but never published, I will do that shortly) the wheels of life got shaky for me. ALL of these bumps were honestly nothing major but everything hit at the same time. I struggled. It felt like in ALMOST all parts of life I would make two strides forward and immediately fall one step back if not two. It was just a big jumble of the flu, ear infections and allergic reactions. Which resulted in me being so distracted I was regularly forgetting something or totally bombing something else. Most of my missteps were so minuscule the only person that realized I messed it up was me, but I beat myself up. I wasn’t giving myself a break about anything I was even blaming myself for things out of my control like the bunnies eating all of the flowers I had just planted or UPS losing our newly purchased patio table. 

with her.jpg

There are worse things in the world than hives, ear infections and hungry bunnies. I know that I am blessed. I am so VERY grateful for my wonderful husband who on my WORST days always tells me that I am the BEST and for my beautiful kids who know just when Momma’s about to break and give me a sweet snuggle. These last few months weren’t so much about my circumstances but more about my pride in managing the circumstances MYSELF and not with God. I learned my lesson, I can’t do this alone! These overwhelming moments can be times in life when we grow the most. It shows us our faults our weaknesses and gives us the opportunity to do better, to be better. These last few months have done that for me. I feel stronger because of it. Sometimes true strength can only be found in vulnerability by admitting our weaknesses and imperfections.    

The unfortunate part is that my break from blogging started as a choice because I was managing my family and that came first but the further I got from it the more I let fear creep in. You know “you are FAILING at everything why would anyone want to read what you have to say”. Yea, that guy, that guy who wants me to feel like junk, who hopes I never feel another positive day or thought in my life. That guy can go right back from where he came from, SEE YOU LATER DUDE!!

My pride is stripped my strength renewed and I am thankful that I am starting to feel like my optimistic self again.

That’s my Shiny ~ J

1 comment: