Sunday, December 18, 2011

REAL DEAL: All that GLITTERS!

There's a LOT of 80's trends going on that I just CANNOT get on board with, but sequins is back people and I can get EXCITED about that! What girl doesn't love a little extra something sparkly every once in awhile and THIS is the time of year to get SPARKLY! Sequins is back and in a BIG way!

Spending lots of money to get your GLITTER ON really isn't ideal. Considering sequins is something you wouldn't throw on for just any old day and this festive time of year only comes around, well, once a year. Here are a few of my favorite finds for under $25.00!! Snag some bling without spending all your cha-ching (wow, I know that was a little ridiculous, but we are talking about SEQUINS here folks)!!

Also, lets remember friends. All things in MODERATION! One glitter item at a time, at most two per outfit, as long as one piece is the Main Character and the other is the Supporting (say paring item #1 and #2 together)

I love this little sparkly jacket, I would wear it just like the picture, with jeans and a white or black tank. You could also throw this over your favorite summer LBD to make it winter friendly. Maybe paired with the flower ring below.



Wear with this great cocktail ring with the sequins jacket above.
sweet starlight flower ring

These would look great with a black pair of cigarette skinny pants, a chunky sweater, and simple earrings.


I would wear this with a fitted black blazer, jeans, black heels, and drop earrings



5. Sparkly Bow Belt from Old Navy: $16.94
This belt would be FANTASTIC with a sweater dress to cinch in the waist


6. Boat Neck Gold Sequins Top by Fresh Brewed:
This top would look AMAZING with a black pencil skirt, sling back heels and a simple gold bracelet

This mini would be quite daring for me, but I think I would definitely wear it with an opaque pair of black tights, a long sleeve white button down shirt tucked in and black platform heels (oh and maybe grab the flower ring from above).



This little clutch is so CUTE I think I would carry this at just about any night time event!

This is one of those tops that you could grab for that Holiday gathering when you have no idea if the attire will be totally casual or some what dressy (like a NYE house party). This would be great with some dark skinny jeans and tall black suede wedge boots to wear just about anywhere.

I am a big fan of these glittery lovelies but would probably only really wear these with pants (unless maybe in Vegas or at a bachelorette party or something) I'd wear either of these with a pair of great long and lean flare jeans, a simple snug scoop neck long sleeve top and dangly sparkly earrings.

Another daring hemline but it's too cute not to think about! I would wear this to a GREAT party with those same opaque black tights, black heels and some shiny silver earrings.


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time getting GLITTERY this holiday seasons!

Merry Christmas!

That's my Shiny ~

J

0 comments:

Post a Comment